Minimize the damage of IT Cost Cuts
- Average growth rates for Opex and Capex budgets are expected to continue to decline over the next fiscal year.
- Common “quick-win” cost-cutting initiatives are not enough to satisfy the organization’s mandate.
- Cost-cutting initiatives often take longer than expected, failing to provide cost savings before the organization’s deadline.
- Cost-optimization projects often have unanticipated consequences that offset potential cost savings and result in business dissatisfaction.
- IT costs affect the entire business, not just IT. For this reason, IT must work with the business collaboratively to convey the full implications of IT cost cuts.
- Avoid making all your cuts at once; phase your cuts by taking into account the magnitude and urgency of your cuts and avoid unintended consequences.
- Don’t be afraid to completely cut a service if it should not be delivered in the first place.
Impact and Result
- Take a value-based approach to cost optimization.
- Reduce IT spend while continuing to deliver the most important services.
- Involve the business in the cost-cutting process.
- Develop a plan for cost cutting that avoids unintended interruptions to the business
Build a Data Privacy Program
- Data privacy is increasingly on the tip of our tongues, regardless of company size or industry.
- With impending regulatory frameworks looming, business and IT leaders find themselves scrambling to ensure that all bases are covered when it comes to data privacy.
- Take a quantitative approach to data privacy.
- Use metrics and a risk-based approach to drive a privacy framework that not only supports compliance but also considers the custom needs of your organization.
Impact and Result
- Sell privacy to the business by speaking a language they understand. IT and InfoSec leaders need to see privacy as not just compliance but also a driver of business efficiency.
- Integrate and build by developing a program that:
- Promotes freedom of information and access to this information.
- Establishes privacy and security standards with respect to access of this information.
Special Offer - $ 13,500 till end of July 2020
Become proactive in your IT security management! Collect key enterprise data to effectively assess and manage IT security, achieve confidence and adaptability in security practices, and get buy in from business leaders
Run our IT Security Governance & Management Diagnostic at an effordable price to evaluate your:
- Security culture
- Compliance management
- Policy and process governance
- Event and incident management
- Risk analysis
- Vulnerability management
- IAM (Identity Access Management)